Microsoft PowerPoint for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1
How do you grab and maintain an audience’s focus when you’re asked to present important information? By being clear, organized, and engaging. And, that is exactly what Microsoft® PowerPoint® can help you do.
Today’s audiences are tech savvy, accustomed to high-impact multimedia content, and stretched for time. By learning how to use the vast array of features and functionality contained within PowerPoint, you will gain the ability to organize your content, enhance it with high-impact visuals, and deliver it with a punch. In this course, you will use PowerPoint to begin creating engaging, dynamic multimedia presentations.
Note: Most Office 365™ users perform the majority of their daily tasks using the desktop version of the Office software, so that is the focus of this training. The course material will also enable you to access and effectively utilize many web-based resources provided with your Office 365 subscription. This includes brief coverage of key skills for using PowerPoint for the Web and OneDrive. Helpful notes throughout the material alert you to cases where the online version of the application may function differently from the primary, desktop version.
This course may be a useful component in your preparation for the Microsoft PowerPoint (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019): Exam MO-300 certification exam.
This course is the first part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of PowerPoint.
Microsoft PowerPoint for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1 (this course)
Microsoft PowerPoint for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 2
Completion of this course will earn 0.6 CEUs.
In this course, you will create and deliver an engaging PowerPoint presentation.
– Identify the basic features and functions of PowerPoint.
– Develop a PowerPoint presentation.
– Perform text formatting.
– Add and arrange graphical elements.
– Modify graphical elements.
– Prepare to deliver your presentation.
This course is designed for students who wish to gain a foundational understanding of PowerPoint that is necessary to create and develop engaging multimedia presentations.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint
- Topic A: Navigate the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic B: View and Navigate a Presentation
- Topic C: Create and Save a Basic Presentation
- Topic D: Navigate in PowerPoint for the Web
- Topic E: Use PowerPoint Help
Lesson 2: Developing a PowerPoint Presentation
- Topic A: Create Presentations
- Topic B: Edit Text
- Topic C: Work with Slides
- Topic D: Design a Presentation
Lesson 3: Formatting Text
- Topic A: Format Characters
- Topic B: Format Paragraphs
Lesson 4: Adding and Arranging Graphical Elements
- Topic A: Insert Images
- Topic B: Insert Shapes
- Topic C: Create SmartArt
- Topic D: Insert Icons and 3D Models
- Topic E: Size, Group, and Arrange Objects
Lesson 5: Modifying Graphical Elements
- Topic A: Format Images
- Topic B: Format Shapes
- Topic C: Customize SmartArt
- Topic D: Format Icons
- Topic E: Format 3D Models
- Topic F: Animate Objects
Lesson 6: Preparing to Deliver Your Presentation
- Topic A: Review Your Presentation
- Topic B: Apply Transitions
- Topic C: Print or Export a Presentation
- Topic D: Deliver Your Presentation
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to PowerPoint Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-300
Appendix B: Microsoft® PowerPoint® Common Keyboard Shortcuts
Appendix C: Guidelines for Presentation Design
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.