Microsoft Excel for Office 365/2021: Data Analysis with PivotTables
Advances in technology have made it possible to store ever-increasing amounts of data. Along with this, the need to analyze data and gain actionable insight is greater than ever. You already have experience working with Microsoft® Excel® and creating basic PivotTables to summarize data. But Excel is capable of doing much more. Being able to harness the power of advanced PivotTable features and create PivotCharts will help you to gain a competitive edge. You will not only be able to summarize data for you to analyze, but also organize the data in a way that can be meaningfully presented to others. This leads to data-driven business decisions that have a better chance for success for everyone involved.
This course presents information and skills that are appropriate for users of either the Office 2021 or Office 365 applications. However, the instructional environment for the delivery of this course utilizes Office 365.
Completion of this course will earn 0.275 CEUs.
In this course, you will use the advanced PivotTable functionality in Excel to analyze your raw data.
– Prepare data for PivotTable reporting and create PivotTables from various data sources.
– Analyze data by using PivotTables.
– Work with PivotCharts.
Students taking this course are experienced Excel users who are seeking to advance their data analysis capabilities by using PivotTables.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience working with Excel and PivotTables. You should already understand spreadsheet concepts and be comfortable creating basic PivotTables. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
– Microsoft® Excel® for Office 365™ (Desktop or Online): Part 1
– Microsoft® Excel® for Office 365™ (Desktop or Online): Part 2
Lesson 1: Preparing Data and Creating PivotTables
- Prepare Data
- Create a PivotTable from a Local Data Source
- Create a PivotTable from Multiple Local Data Sources
- Create a PivotTable from an External Data Source
Lesson 2: Analyzing Data by Using PivotTables
- Summarize PivotTable Data
- Organize PivotTable Data
- Filter PivotTable Data
- Format a PivotTable
- Refresh and Change PivotTable Data
Lesson 3: Working with PivotCharts
- Create a PivotChart
- Manipulate PivotChart Data
- Format a PivotChart
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.