20345-2 Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016/2019
This course provides experienced Exchange Server administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an Exchange Server messaging environment. The course covers how to design and configure advanced components in an Exchange Server deployment such as site resiliency, advanced security, compliance, archiving and discovery solutions, coexistence with other Exchange organizations or Exchange Online, and migration from previous versions of Exchange server. The course also provides guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help optimize Exchange Server deployments.
Who Should Attend
The audience for this course includes IT professionals who are experienced messaging administrators, messaging architects, or consultants. This course is designed for people in an enterprise environment who are responsible for designing and deploying Exchange Server solutions, including environments that contain previous versions of Exchange Server or Exchange Online. Students taking this course are expected to have experience with Exchange Server 2019 or previous versions of Exchange Server.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Plan for Exchange Server deployments.
– Plan and deploy Exchange Server hardware, virtualization, mailbox databases, and public folders.
– Plan message transport in Exchange Server.
– Plan and deploy Client Access services in Exchange Server.
– Design and implement a highly available Exchange Server environment.
– Maintain Exchange Server by using Managed Availability and Desired State Configuration (DSC).
– Plan for messaging security and design and implement Active Directory
– Rights Management Services (AD RMS) and Microsoft Azure RMS in Exchange Server.
– Design and implement message retention and archiving.
– Design and implement data loss prevention policies, In-Place Hold, and eDiscovery.
– Design and implement messaging coexistence among Exchange Server organizations.
– Plan and implement the upgrade from previous versions of Exchange Server to Exchange Server 2019.
– Plan a hybrid Exchange deployment.
– 20345-1 Administering Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
PLANNING EXCHANGE SERVER DEPLOYMENTS
- New features in Exchange Server 2019
- Gathering business requirements for an Exchange Server deployment
- Planning for an Exchange Server deployment
- Planning the migration of Unified Messaging to Cloud Voicemail
- Lab : Planning Exchange Server 2019 deployments
PLANNING AND DEPLOYING EXCHANGE SERVER MAILBOX SERVICES
- Planning Exchange Server hardware requirements
- Planning Exchange Server for virtualization and Microsoft Azure integration
- Planning and implementing public folders
- Lab : Planning and implementing Exchange Server mailbox servers, databases, and public folders
PLANNING MESSAGE TRANSPORT
- Designing message routing
- Designing transport services
- Designing the message-routing perimeter
- Designing transport compliance
- Lab : Planning message transport
PLANNING AND DEPLOYING CLIENT ACCESS
- Planning for Exchange Server clients
- Planning for client access
- Planning and implementing Office Online Server
- Planning and implementing coexistence of SharePoint 2019 with Exchange Server 2019
- Designing external client access
- Lab : Planning and deploying client access solutions
DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING HIGH AVAILABILITY
- Planning high availability for Exchange Server
- Planning for load balancing
- Planning for site resilience
- Lab : Designing and implementing high availability
MAINTAINING EXCHANGE SERVER
- Using Managed Availability to improve high availability
- Implementing DSC
- Lab : Maintaining Exchange Server
DESIGNING MESSAGING SECURITY
- Planning messaging security
- Designing and implementing AD RMS and Azure RMS
- Lab : Designing messaging security
DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING MESSAGE RETENTION AND ARCHIVING
- Overview of archiving and messaginng records management
- Designing In-Place Archiving
- Designing and implementing message retention
- Lab : Designing and implementing message retention and archiving
DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING MESSAGING COMPLIANCE
- Designing and implementing data loss prevention policies
- Designing and implementing In-Place Hold
- Designing and implementing In-Place eDiscovery
- Lab : Designing and implementing messaging compliance
DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTING MESSAGING COEXISTENCE
- Designing and implementing federation
- Designing coexistence between Exchange organizations
- Designing and implementing cross-forest mailbox moves
- Lab : Implementing messaging coexistence
UPGRADING TO EXCHANGE SERVER 2019
- Planning an upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
- Implementing the upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
- Lab : Upgrading from Exchange Server 2013 to Exchange Server 2019
PLANNING A HYBRID EXCHANGE SERVER DEPLOYMENT
- Basics of a hybrid deployment
- Planning and implementing a hybrid deployment
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Implementing a hybrid deployment
- Implementing advanced functionality for hybrid deployments
- Lab : Planning a hybrid Exchange deployment
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.