Certified Incident Handler (CIH)
The EC-Council Certified Incident Handler program is designed to provide the fundamental skills to handle and respond to the computer security incidents in an information system. The course addresses various underlying principles and techniques for detecting and responding to current and emerging computer security threats.
Students will learn how to handle various types of incidents, risk assessment methodologies, and various laws and policy related to incident handling. After attending the course, they will be able to create incident handling and response policies and deal with various types of computer security incidents.
The comprehensive training program will make students proficient in handling and responding to various security incidents such as network security incidents, malicious code incidents, and insider attack threats.
In addition, the students will learn about computer forensics and its role in handling and responding to incidents. The course also covers incident response teams, incident reporting methods, and incident recovery techniques in detail. When a student leaves this intensive 2 day class they will have hands on understanding and experience in Incident Handling.
This course prepares you for EC-Council Certified Incident Handler exam 212-89
- Cyber Incident Statistics
- Computer Security Incident
- Information as Business Asset
- Data Classification
- Common Terminologies
- Information Warfare
- Key Concepts of Information Security
- Vulnerability, Threat, and Attack
- Types of Computer Security Incidents
- Examples of Computer Security Incidents
- Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report – 2008
- Incidents That Required the Execution of Disaster Recovery Plans
- Signs of an Incident
- Incident Categories Incident Categories: Low Level
- Incident Categories: Middle Level
- Incident Categories: High Level
- Incident Prioritization
- Incident Response
- Incident Handling
- Use of Disaster Recovery Technologies
- Impact of Virtualization on Incident Response and Handling
- Estimating Cost of an Incident
- Key Findings of Symantec Global Disaster Recovery Survey - 2009
- Incident Reporting
- Incident Reporting Organizations
- Vulnerability Resources