Microsoft SharePoint: Site Owner
Microsoft® SharePoint® 2013 / 2016 is a platform designed to facilitate collaboration and allow people to use familiar applications and web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. As such, SharePoint has many distinct features that must be enabled and configured, and many content structures that can be selected, added, and configured. In this course, you will learn how to create, configure, and manage a SharePoint team site so that your team or organization can share information and collaborate effectively.
SharePoint content structures and configuration options are complex. Site owners must understand what features, options, and content structures are available in SharePoint, and how to properly configure them. With SharePoint sites, features, and content structures properly implemented, users will be able to securely share files, collaborate on documents, and access information they need to work with their colleagues more effectively.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who need to create and manage a SharePoint team site.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to create a SharePoint team site and perform basic content management tasks on a single SharePoint site.
- Create and configure new sites.
- Add and configure document libraries.
- Add and configure lists.
- Create custom lists and forms.
- Assign permissions and access rights.
- Extend SharePoint functionality with web parts.
To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic SharePoint site user skills such as the ability to access and use lists, libraries, and documents on a typical SharePoint team site. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following ExecuTrain course:
- Microsoft SharePoint : Site User
Module 1: Creating and Configuring a New Site
- Create a New Site
- Configure the Look and Feel of Your Site
Module 2: Adding and Configuring Libraries
- Configure a Document Library
- Configure Document Versioning and Check Out
- Configure a Content Approval Process
Module 3: Adding and Configuring Lists
- Add and Configure an Announcements List
- Add and Configure a Tasks List
- Create, Configure, and Integrate Contacts and Calendars
Module 4: Creating Custom Lists and Forms
- Create and Configure Custom Lists
- Create Custom List Forms
Module 5: Assigning Permissions and Access Rights
- Share Sites and Set Site Permissions
- Secure Lists, Libraries, and Documents
Module 6: Extending SharePoint Functionality with Web Parts
- Add and Configure Included Web Parts
- Add and Configure External Web Parts