Microsoft Office: OneNote
This course is intended for people in a variety of roles and fields who have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office and want to incorporate digital note-taking and note collaboration by using Microsoft OneNote. In addition to creating and modifying OneNote notebooks, this course will introduce you to inserting images and embedding files into notebooks, categorizing content, sharing content with OneDrive®, and exporting content to other file formats.
In this course, you will develop digital note-taking skills by creating, modifying, and managing OneNote notebooks that work with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Navigate and customize the OneNote interface and environment.
- Add and format text, images, audio, links, and drawing objects to a notebook.
- Embed Excel spreadsheets and attach other files to a notebook.
- Categorize, organize, and search notebook content.
- Check spelling in, print, and password-protect notebooks.
- Use Outlook and OneDrive to send and share notebook content.
- Export notebook content and manage notebook history and backups.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have Windows end-user skills that include starting and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. Previous experience with OneNote is not required; however, having a basic understanding of the Microsoft Office productivity suite would be beneficial.
Module 1: Getting Started with OneNote
- Navigate the OneNote Environment
- Use Templates
- Customize the OneNote User Interface
Module 2: Adding and Formatting Notebook Content
- Apply Formatting to Notebook Content
- Insert Images and Audio into a Notebook
- Add Quick Notes and Links
- Use Drawing Tools
Module 3: Embedding and Attaching Files
- Embed Excel Spreadsheets
- Attach Other File Types
- Organizing and Searching Notebooks
- Use Tags
- Organize and Search Notebooks
Module 5: Finalizing a Notebook
- Proof and Print a Notebook
- Configure Password Protection and Notebook Properties
Module 6: Managing Notebook Files
- Export Content from OneNote Notebooks
- Back Up and Restore Notebook Content
Module 7: Sending and Sharing OneNote Content
- Send OneNote Content in Other Formats
- Share OneNote Content by Using OneDrive