Follow these handy tips and you will increase team performance while making the job more enjoyable for everyone. Become a leader who inspires and rewards employees to give their best. Raise expectations and performance. Learn how to create a motivating workplace. Increase productivity with the LEARN method.
Part 1: Create the Motivating Workplace
- Meet the Difficult Employee
- Why Employees Don't Get the Job Done!
- Close the Commitment Gap!
- What Makes Employees Happy?
- Ten Qualities Employees Want in a Job
- Your One-Page Productivity Plan
Part 2: Motivating Through Empowerment
- How to Empower Your Staff
- The First Phase of Empowerment
- The Second Phase of Empowerment
- The Third Phase of Empowerment
- The Empowering Supervisor
- The Empowering Organization
- Becoming an Empowering Organization
Part 3: Five Steps to Success
- Step 1: Learn to Lead
- The Efficient-Manager Checklist
- Employees Who Think for Themselves
- Bonus Section: Pass on the Vision
- Share the Vision!
- Creating the Vision
- What Is Your Vision
- Case Situation 1
- Step 2: Examine Expectations
- Reorganize the Workflow
- Make Work Interesting
- Bonus Section: S.O.S.: Solution Finder
- S.O.S. = Situation + Opportunity = Solution
- Case Situation 2
- Step 3: Act Like You Care
- Learn to Listen
- Keep Employees Informed
- A Listening and Informing Survey
- Bonus Section: Your Unique Style
- Four Personality Types
- Case Situation 3
- Step 4: Respect Employees as Professionals
- Respect Employees' Feelings
- Recognize Quality Performance
- A Time for You
- Bonus Section: The Power of 4
- Case Situation 4
- Step 5: Never Stifle Personal Growth
- How High Is Your I.Q.? (Innovation Quotient)
- How High Is Your Organization's I.Q.?
- Bonus Section: Your Goal Sheet
- Case Situation 5
Part 4: Practice What You've Learned
- Two-Week Checklist
- Three-Week Checklist
- One-Month Checklist
- Your Empowerment Plan
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.