Microsoft Office Word 2019: Part 3
Microsoft® Word enables you to do far more than simple word processing. Word includes advanced image manipulation tools, collaboration features, cross-referencing and linking tools, entry forms and data collection, security features, and tools to automate document production.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Word Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-100 and Word Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-101 certifications.
This course is the third part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Word.
– Microsoft Office Word 2019: Part 1
– Microsoft Office Word 2019: Part 2
– Microsoft Office Word 2019: Part 3 (this course)
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
Course Objectives: In this course, you will learn to use the advanced capabilities of Word 2019.
– Use images in a document
– Create custom graphic elements
– Collaborate on documents
– Add reference marks and notes
– Secure a document
– Create and manipulate forms
– Create macros to automate tasks
Target Student: This course is intended for students who want to use more advanced functionalities in Word, including image manipulation, collaboration and revision tracking, cross-referencing and linking, document security, forms, and process automation through macros.
Lesson 1: Manipulating Images
- Topic A: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Insert Other Media Elements
Lesson 2: Using Custom Graphic Elements
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic C: Draw Shapes
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 3: Collaborating on Documents
- Topic A: Prepare a Document for Collaboration
- Topic B: Mark Up a Document
- Topic C: Review Markups
- Topic D: Merge Changes from Other Documents
Lesson 4: Adding Document References and Links
- Topic A: Add Captions
- Topic B: Add Cross-References
- Topic C: Add Bookmarks
- Topic D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic E: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Securing a Document
- Topic A: Suppress Information
- Topic B: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic C: Restrict Document Access
- Topic D: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
Lesson 6: Using Forms to Manage Content
- Topic A: Create Forms
- Topic B: Modify Forms
Lesson 7: Automating Repetitive Tasks with Macros
- Topic A: Automate Tasks by Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Word Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-100
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to Word Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-101
Appendix C: Microsoft® Office Word 2019 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.