By now, you’re already familiar with Excel 2016, its functions and formulas, a lot of its features and functionality, and its powerful data analysis tools. You are likely called upon to analyze and report on data frequently, work in collaboration with others to deliver actionable organizational intelligence and keep and maintain workbooks for all manner of purposes. At this level of use and collaboration, you have also likely encountered your fair share of issues and challenges. You’re too busy, though, to waste time scouring over workbooks to resolve issues or to perform repetitive, monotonous tasks. You need to know how to get Excel to do more for you so you can focus on what’s really important: staying ahead of the competition. That’s exactly what this course aims to help you do.
This course builds off of the foundational and intermediate knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016: Part 1 and Part 2 courses to help you get the most of your Excel experience. The ability to collaborate with colleagues, automate complex or repetitive tasks, and use conditional logic to construct and apply elaborate formulas and functions will put the full power of Excel right at your fingertips. The more you learn about how to get Excel to do the hard work for you, the more you’ll be able to focus on getting the answers you need from the vast amounts of data your organization generates.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Excel 2016 Exam and the Excel 2016 Expert Exam.
Lesson 1: Working with Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
- Topic A: Use Links and External References
- Topic B: Use 3-D References
- Topic C: Consolidate Data
Lesson 2: Using Lookup Functions and Formula Auditing
- Topic A: Use Lookup Functions
- Topic B: Trace Cells
- Topic C: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
Lesson 3: Sharing and Protecting Workbooks
- Topic A: Collaborate on a Workbook
- Topic B: Protect Worksheets and Workbooks
Lesson 4: Automating Workbook Functionality
- Topic A: Apply Data Validation
- Topic B: Search for Invalid Data and Formulas with Errors
- Topic C: Work with Macros
Lesson 5: Creating Sparklines and Mapping Data
- Topic A: Create Sparklines
- Topic B: Map Data
Lesson 6: Forecasting Data
- Topic A: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Data Tables
- Topic B: Determine Potential Outcomes Using Scenarios
- Topic C: Use the Goal Seek Feature
- Topic D: Forecasting Data Trends
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.