Advances in technology have made it possible to store ever-increasing amounts of data. Along with this, the need to analyze that data and gain actionable insight is greater than ever. You already have experience working with Excel and creating basic PivotTables to summarize data. But Excel is capable of doing much more. Being able to harness the power of advanced PivotTable features and create PivotCharts will help you to gain a competitive edge. You will not only be able to summarize data for you to analyze, but also organize the data in a way that can be meaningfully presented to others. This leads to data-driven business decisions that have a better chance for success for everyone involved.
This course presents information and skills that are appropriate for users of either the Office 2016 or Office 2019 desktop applications. However, the instructional environment for the delivery of this course utilizes Office 2016.
Lesson 1: Preparing Data and Creating PivotTables
- Topic A: Prepare Data
- Topic B: Create a PivotTable from a Local Data Source
- Topic C: Create a PivotTable from Multiple Local Data Sources
- Topic D: Create a PivotTable from an External Data Source
Lesson 2: Analyzing Data by Using PivotTables
- Topic A: Summarize PivotTable Data
- Topic B: Organize PivotTable Data
- Topic C: Filter PivotTable Data
- Topic D: Format a PivotTable
- Topic E: Refresh and Change PivotTable Data
Lesson 3: Working with PivotCharts
- Topic A: Create a PivotChart
- Topic B: Manipulate PivotChart Data
- Topic C: Format a PivotChart
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.