You already know how to get Microsoft® Office Excel® to perform simple calculations and how to modify your workbooks and worksheets to make them easier to read, interpret, and present to others. But Excel is capable of doing so much more. To gain a truly competitive edge, you need to be able to extract actionable organizational intelligence from your raw data and present it in a visual format that enables decision makers to view key trends and conclusions at a glance. And that’s exactly what this course aims to help you do.
This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Office Excel® 2016: Part 1 (Desktop/Office 365™) or Microsoft® Office Excel® 2019: Part 1 courses and will help start you down the road to creating advanced workbooks and worksheets that you can use to create dashboards. The ability to analyze massive amounts of data, extract actionable intelligence from it, and present that information to decision makers is the cornerstone of driving a successful organization that is able to compete at a high level.
This course presents information and skills that are appropriate for users of either the Office 2016 or Office 2019 desktop applications. However, the instructional environment for the delivery of this course utilizes Office 2016.
Lesson 1: Using Names in Formulas and Functions
- Topic A: Examine Dashboards
- Topic B: Use Range Names in Formulas
- Topic C: Use Specialized Functions
Lesson 2: Automating Workbook Functionality
- Topic A: Apply Data Validation
- Topic B: Work with Forms and Controls
Lesson 3: Applying Conditional Logic
- Topic A: Use Lookup Functions
- Topic B: Combine Functions
Lesson 4: Visualizing Data with Basic Charts
- Topic A: Create Charts
- Topic B: Modify and Format Charts
Lesson 5: Using Advanced Charting Techniques
- Topic A: Create Dual-Axis Charts and Trendlines
- Topic B: Create Sparklines
Lesson 6: Analyzing Data with PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Slicers
- Topic A: Create a PivotTable
- Topic B: Analyze PivotTable Data
- Topic C: Present Data with PivotCharts
- Topic D: Filter Data by Using Slicers
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.