Microsoft Excel for Office 365/2019/2021: Dashboards
Today’s world runs on data more than ever before and that’s a trend not likely to change, or even slow down, any time soon. With the tremendous amount of available data, the ability to make sense of it continues to be an ongoing challenge. You already know how to use Excel to perform simple calculations and modify worksheets to make them easier to read, interpret, and present to others. But Excel is capable of doing so much more.
To gain a truly competitive edge, you need to be able to extract actionable organizational intelligence from your raw data, and present it in a visually compelling format that enables decision makers to view key trends and gain insights. And that’s exactly what this course aims to help you do.
This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Excel® for Office 365™ (Desktop or Online): Part 1 course and introduces the basics of data analysis and how to use Excel to create informative dashboards.
Completion of this course will earn 0.6 CEUs.
In this course, you will analyze and visualize data using Microsoft Excel and associated tools. You will:
– Perform data analysis fundamentals.
– Visualize data with Excel.
– Analyze data with formulas and functions.
– Analyze data with PivotTables.
– Present visual insights with dashboards in Excel.
This course is designed for students who already have foundational knowledge and skills in Excel and who wish to begin taking advantage of the data analysis functionality with Microsoft Excel by using functions, charts, and PivotTables, and using visualizations in charts and dashboards in Excel.
To ensure success, you should have baseline skill using Microsoft Excel worksheets, particularly in creating workbooks with formulas and functions. You can obtain this level of knowledge and skill by taking the following or any similar equivalent Logical Operations course: Microsoft® Excel® for Office 365™ (Desktop or Online): Part 1
Lesson 1: Data Analysis Fundamentals
- Topic A: Introduction to Data Science
- Topic B: Create and Modify Tables
- Topic C: Sort and Filter Data
Lesson 2: Visualizing Data with Excel
- Topic A: Visualize Data with Charts
- Topic B: Modify and Format Charts
- Topic C: Apply Best Practices in Chart Design
Lesson 3: Analyzing Data with Formulas and Functions
- Topic A: Analyze Data with Formulas and Named Ranges
- Topic B: Analyze Data with Functions
- Topic C: Implement Data Validation, Forms, and Controls
- Topic D: Create Conditional Visualizations with Lookup Functions
Lesson 4: Analyzing Data with PivotTables
- Topic A: Create a PivotTable
- Topic B: Analyze PivotTable Data
Lesson 5: Presenting Visual Insights with Dashboards in Excel
- Topic A: Visualize Data with PivotCharts
- Topic B: Filter Data Using Slicers and Timelines
- Topic C: Create a Dashboard in Excel