Adobe InDesign CC: Part 1
Giving your documents a well-designed, professional look will put you a step ahead in the marketplace cluttered with all kinds of communications. Paragraph and character styles that allow you to format pages of text uniformly, layout features that help you to build alternate size configurations of your document, and various panels that enable you to easily customize both text and graphics; Adobe® InDesign® has all the tools you need to elevate the look of your document and get it out to the people who need to see it, whether it be in print or on the web.
This course is a great component of your preparation for the Adobe Certified Professional Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign exam.
This course is the first part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of InDesign.
– Adobe InDesign CC: Part 1 (this course)
– Adobe InDesign CC: Part 2
Completion of this course will earn 0.6 CEUs.
In this course, you will use Adobe InDesign (2020) to create and deliver professional looking printed and interactive documents.
– Navigate the InDesign interface
– Create a new document
– Customize a document using color, swatches, gradients, and styles
– Manage page element
– Add tables
– Prepare documents for deployment
This course is intended for students who want to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs. It’s also for anyone interested in working toward the Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign certification.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with the functions of your computer’s operating system such as creating folders, launching programs, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, retrieving files, and saving files. You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking one of the following Logical Operations courses:
– Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
– Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
Lesson 1: Getting Started with InDesign
- Topic A: Identify Components of the InDesign Interface
- Topic B: Customize the InDesign Interface
- Topic C: Apply the Navigation Controls and Set Preferences
Lesson 2: Designing a Document
- Topic A: Establish Project Requirements
- Topic B: Apply Design Principles
- Topic C: Create a New Document
- Topic D: Add Text to a Document
- Topic E: Add Graphics to a Document
Lesson 3: Customizing a Document
- Topic A: Format Characters and Paragraphs
- Topic B: Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients
- Topic C: Create and Apply Styles
Lesson 4: Working with Page Elements
- Topic A: Arrange and Align Objects
- Topic B: Apply Layers
- Topic C: Transform and Manipulate Objects
- Topic D: Thread Text Frames
- Topic E: Edit Text
Lesson 5: Building Tables
- Topic A: Create and Modify a New Table
- Topic B: Format a Table
Lesson 6: Preparing a Document for Delivery
- Topic A: Resolve Errors in a Document
- Topic B: Export Files for Printing and for the Web
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the Adobe Certified Professional in Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign Exam
Appendix B: Productivity Enhancements