Adobe Illustrator CC: Part 2
You have created simple artwork by using the basic drawing and painting tools available in Adobe® Illustrator®. You now want to use advanced tools, options, and effects to create complex artwork. In addition, you want to ensure that your artwork is ready for commercial printing and also save it for the web. In this course, you will draw complex illustrations and enhance them by using various painting options. You will also use painting tools, manage colors, format type, work with effects, prepare artwork for commercial printing, and prepare graphics for the web.
This course is a great component of your preparation for the Adobe Certified Professional in Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator exam.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
This course is the second part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Illustrator.
– Adobe Illustrator CC: Part 1
– Adobe Illustrator CC: Part 2 (this course)
Completion of this course will earn 0.6 CEUs.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to use Adobe Illustrator to create complex illustrations, format illustrations and type, and prepare documents for print and web.
– Draw complex illustrations
– Enhance artwork by using painting tools
– Customize colors and swatches
– Format type
– Enhance the appearance of artwork
– Prepare content for deployment
– Set up project requirements
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people taking on design responsibilities who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents. It is also useful for anyone interested in working toward the Adobe Certified Professional Graphic Design and Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator exam certification.
To ensure your success in this course, you should be familiar with basic computer functions such as creating folders, launching programs, and working with Windows. You should also have basic Windows application skills, such as copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files.
Familiarity with basic design terminology, such as palettes, color modes, shapes, text, and paths, is highly recommended.
You can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations course:
– Adobe® Illustrator® CC: Part 1
Lesson 1: Drawing Complex Illustrations
- Topic A: Apply the Grid, Guides, and Info Panel
- Topic B: Combine Objects to Create Complex Illustrations
- Topic C: Organize Artwork with Layers
- Topic D: Create a Perspective Drawing
- Topic E: Trace Artwork
Lesson 2: Enhancing Artwork Using Painting Tools
- Topic A: Paint Objects Using Fills and Strokes
- Topic B: Paint Objects Using Live Paint Groups
- Topic C: Paint with Custom Brushes
- Topic D: Add Transparency and Blending Modes
- Topic E: Apply Meshes to Objects
- Topic F: Apply Patterns
Lesson 3: Customizing Colors and Swatches
- Topic A: Manage Colors
- Topic B: Customize Swatches
- Topic C: Manage Color Groups
- Topic D: Adjust Color
Lesson 4: Formatting Type
- Topic A: Set Character Formats
- Topic B: Apply Advanced Formatting Options to Type
Lesson 5: Enhancing the Appearance of Artwork
- Topic A: Apply Effects to an Object
- Topic B: Create Graphic Styles
- Topic C: Apply a Mask to an Object
- Topic D: Apply Symbols and Symbol Sets
- Topic E: Work with 3D Objects
Lesson 6: Preparing Content for Deployment
- Topic A: Prepare Artwork for Printing
- Topic B: Prepare Transparency and Colors for Printing
- Topic C: Create Slices and Image Maps
- Topic D: Save Graphics for the Web
- Topic E: Prepare Documents for Video
- Topic F: Prepare Files for Other Applications
Lesson 7: Setting Project Requirements
- Topic A: Identify the Purpose, Audience, and Audience Needs
- Topic B: Determine and Evaluate Standard Copyright Rules for Artwork, Graphics, and Graphics Use
- Topic C: Determine and Evaluate Project Management Tasks and Responsibilities
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Adobe Certified Professional in Graphic Design & Illustration Using Adobe Illustrator Exam
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.