10994 Data Analysis Fundamentals using Excel
Note: This course is being retired by Microsoft on December 31, 2021.
The main purpose of the course is to give students the ability to add analysis capabilities to Excel spreadsheets and to provide students with a foundation to learn about more advanced data analytics with Excel or Power BI.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for anyone who wants to take the data analysis technologies in Excel beyond formulas, and add more advanced capabilities, such as dashboards, hierarchies, and relationships.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Create an Excel report; Create an Excel table; Create a pivot table and pivot chart; Create a dashboard and analyze data; and Create Hierarchies.
Prerequisite Courses Recommended
– Excel 2016 – Part 1
– Excel 2019 – Part 1
1 - REPORTING IN EXCEL
- Filtering and Formatting Data
- Lab : Create an Excel report
2 - EXCEL TABLES
- Excel Data Tables
- Summarizing Data
- Lab : Create an Excel Table
3 - PIVOT TABLES AND PIVOT CHARTS
- Pivot Tables
- Pivot Charts
- Editing Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts
- Lab : Importing Data from a CSV File
4 - DASHBOARDS
- Creating a Dashboard
- Data Analysis in Excel Pivot Tables
- Lab : Create a Dashboard
5 - HIERARCHIES
- Time Data
- Lab : Creating Hierarchies
6 - THE EXCEL DATA MODEL
- Using an Excel Data Model
- External Data
- Lab : Explore an Excel Data Model
**Indicates a course that is only a half day.