10964 Cloud & Datacenter Monitoring with System Center Operations Manager
This legacy course equips students with the skills they require to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. Using hands-on labs, students learn the following: • How to architect and implement a System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group. • How to upgrade and migrate from an existing Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Group to System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager. • Understand the key elements of Management Packs including Object Discoveries, Rules, Monitors, Targeting and Run As Accounts and Run As Profiles. This includes authoring Management Packs. • How to configure fabric and application monitoring in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including both datacenter and cloud resources such as networking, storage and compute and more…
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter. The secondary audience for this course is cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Operations Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 Operations Manager, System Center 2012 SP1 Operations Manager and System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Plan for the deployment of System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager including:
– Defining hardware and software requirements.
– Describing security considerations.
– Architect a highly available System Center and Microsoft SQL Server platform utilizing Microsoft SQL Server AlwaysOn.
– Planning for migration and upgrade scenarios to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
– Customize the Operations Console with User Roles.
– Perform different methods of Agent deployment with System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
– Implement key Management Pack concepts and elements including Management Packs Templates.
– Configure Notifications, Reporting, and Service Level Tracking in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
– Audit Collection Services.
– Agentless Exception Monitoring.
– Operations Manager SharePoint Web Part in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
– Configure Application Performance Monitoring and Network Device monitoring in System Center
– 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
– Configure dashboards and widgets in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
– Describe how to use new cloud-based features including System Center Global Service Monitor and System Center Advisor.
– Configure integration between System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager and other System Center 2012 R2 components.
– Troubleshoot an Operations Manager Management Group.
– Perform disaster recovery in System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager.
Prerequisite Courses Recommended
– 20410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
– 20411 Administering Windows Server 2012
– 20412 Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
1 - Overview and Architecture
- Overview of Operations Manager
- Overview of Key Features in Operations Manager
- Overview of Core Components and Topology
- Addressing Cloud and Datacenter Issues by Using Operations Manager
- Planning and Sizing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
2 - Deploying a new System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Management Group
- Overview of Security Considerations
- Designing the Management Group
- Installing System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Configuring Operations Manager Default Settings
- Deploying the Operations Manager Agent
- Configuring Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM)
- Configuring Audit Collection Services
3 - Upgrading Operations Manager
- Overview of Migration and Upgrade Planning
- Upgrading to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
- Migrating to System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager
4 - Configuring Fabric and Application Monitoring
- Introduction to Management Packs
- Configuring Network Device Monitoring
- Configuring Fabric Monitoring
- Configuring Application Monitoring
5 - Application Performance Monitoring
- Application Performance Monitoring
- Using IntelliTrace
- Team Foundation Server Integration
6 - End to End Service Monitoring
- Management Pack Templates
- Distributed Application Models
- Global Service Monitor
- Real-time Visio Dashboards
7 - Scorecards, Dashboards and Reporting
- Configuring and Managing Reporting in Operations Manager
- Configuring Service Level Tracking
- Configuring the Operations Manager SharePoint WebPart
- Configuring Dashboards and Widgets
- Creating Custom Dashboards
8 - Configuring and Customizing the Console
- Security, Scoping and User Roles
- Creating Custom Views and Alert Resolution States
- Configuring Notification Subscriptions
- Creating Diagnostic and Recovery Tasks
9 - Management Pack Authoring
- Management Packs Authoring Concepts
- Authoring Management Packs by using the Operations Console
- Authoring Management Packs by using the Visual Studio Authoring Extensions
10 - Integrating Operations Manager with Other System Center Components
- Service Manager Integration
- Data Protection Manager Integration
- Orchestrator Integration
11 - Troubleshooting, Tuning and Disaster Recovery
- Troubleshooting Operations Manager Core Components
- Tuning Management Packs
- Configuring SQL AlwaysOn for Operations Manager
- Configuring Data Retention in Operations Manager
- Disaster Recovery in Operations Manager