Project Management Fundamentals (Third Edition)
Successfully managing a project requires effective planning and adherence to the industry’s best practices in every step of the process. By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better prepared to initiate a project in your organization and position it for success. In this course, you will identify effective project management practices and their related processes.
At this point in your professional development, you are ready to take on the responsibility for managing projects. You can manage a project by developing a solid understanding of the fundamentals of project management and its underlying structure and elements, including project phases, project life cycles, stakeholders, and areas of expertise. These, coupled with the ability to identify the project management processes that are recognized industry-wide as good practice, will help you to apply effective project management techniques to improve the efficiency of your projects and ensure their success.
- • Dates: Sep 27, 2023
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (EST)
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $395
In this course, you will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices to successfully manage projects.
– Identify the key processes and requirements of project management.
– Initiate a project.
– Plan for time and cost.
– Plan for project risks, communication, and change control.
– Execute, manage, and control a project.
– Close a project.
This course is designed for individuals whose primary job is not project management, but who manage projects on an informal basis. Also, anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can benefit from this course.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Topic A: Identify the Characteristics of a Project
- Topic B: Identify the Project Management Life Cycle
- Topic C: Identify the Role of a Project Manager
Lesson 2: Initiating a Project
- Topic A: Determine the Scope of a Project
- Topic B: Identify the Skills for a Project Team
- Topic C: Identify the Risks to a Project
Lesson 3: Planning for Time and Cost
- Topic A: Create a WBS
- Topic B: Sequence the Activities
- Topic C: Create a Project Schedule
- Topic D: Determine Project Costs
Lesson 4: Planning for Project Risks, Communication, and Change Control
- Topic A: Analyze the Risks to a Project
- Topic B: Create a Communication Plan
- Topic C: Plan for Change Control
Lesson 5: Managing a Project
- Topic A: Begin Project Work
- Topic B: Execute the Project Plan
- Topic C: Track Project Progress
- Topic D: Report Performance
- Topic E: Implement Change Control
Lesson 6: Closing the Project
- Topic A: Close a Project
- Topic B: Create a Final Report