Project Management Fundamentals
Successfully managing a project requires effective planning and adherence to the industry’s best practices in every step of the process. By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better prepared to initiate a project in your organization and position it for success. In this course, you will identify effective project management practices and their related processes.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Jul 27, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Louisville
- • Seats: 12
- • Price: $395
You will examine the elements of sound project management and apply the generally recognized practices to successfully manage projects.
This course is designed for individuals whose primary job is not project management, but who manage projects on an informal basis. Also, anyone who is considering a career path in project management and desiring a complete overview of the field and its generally accepted practices can take up this course.
To ensure your success, it is recommended that you first take the following Element K courses: Word 2000, Word 2002, Word 2003, or Microsoft® Office Word® 2007: Level 1; or have equivalent knowledge. Some on-the-job experience in participating in managed projects would be preferable.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Management
- Topic 1A: Describe a Project
- Topic 1B: Describe the Project Management Life Cycle
- Topic 1C: Identify the Role of a Project Manager
Lesson 2: Initiating a Project
- Topic 2A: Determine the Scope of a Project
- Topic 2B: Identify the Skills for a Project Team
- Topic 2C: Identify the Risks to a Project
Lesson 3: Planning for Time and Cost
- Topic 3A: Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Topic 3B: Sequence the Activities
- Topic 3C: Create a Project Schedule
- Topic 3D: Determine Project Costs
Lesson 4: Planning for Project Risks, Communication, and Change Control
- Topic 4A: Analyze the Risks to a Project
- Topic 4B: Create a Communication Plan
- Topic 4C: Plan for Change Control
Lesson 5: Managing a Project
- Topic 5A: Begin Project Work
- Topic 5B: Execute the Project Plan
- Topic 5C: Track Project Progress
- Topic 5D: Report Performance
- Topic 5E: Implement Change Control
Lesson 6: Executing the Project Closeout Phase
- Topic 6A: Close a Project
- Topic 6B: Create a Final Report