Problem-Solving Skills (Second Edition) focuses on eliminating corporate problems. Approaches to problem solving are defined, along with traits of good problem solvers and the company cultures that influence them. The course focuses on the three phases of problem solving and breaks each phase into steps. Strategies are provided for individual problem solvers and problem-solving teams.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Aug 13, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $325
In this course, you will gain adaptable, specific tools for corporate problem solving.
– Identify problem-solving principles and barriers.
– Describe the impact of corporate culture on problem solving.
– Analyze a problem to approach it effectively.
– Generate potential solutions using creative and logical processes.
– Carry out and evaluate your solution.
– Build problem-solving teams through effective leadership.
This course is intended for business professionals or managers who would like to learn problem-solving techniques for a corporate environment.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some level of work experience in any of a variety of organizational settings. You should also have general end-user computer and Internet skills. You may wish to take one of the following Logical Operations courses or have equivalent knowledge:
– Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
– Microsoft® Office 365® Online (with Skype® for Business)
Lesson 1: Problem-Solving Basics
- Identify Problem-Solving Opportunities
- Determine a Problem-Solving Approach
Lesson 2: Corporate Problem Solving
- Develop Traits of Problem Solvers
- Utilize Problem-Solving Cultures
- Overview of the Problem-Solving Process
Lesson 3: Identifying and Analyzing Problems
- Identify the Problem
- Analyze the Problem
Lesson 4: Committing to a Solution
- Generate Solution Options
- Choose the Best Solution
Lesson 5: Solving the Problem
- Sell Your Solution
- Implement the Chosen Solution
- Evaluate the Implemented Solution
Lesson 6: Problem-Solving Teams
- Build Positive Group Dynamics
- Lead a Problem-Solving Team