Microsoft Word for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 3
Microsoft® Word for Office 365™ enables you to do far more than simple word processing. Word includes advanced image manipulation tools, collaboration features, cross-referencing and linking tools, entry forms and data collection, security features, and tools to automate document production.
Being able to manipulate graphics and efficiently create, manage, revise, and distribute long documents and forms can help your organization create important and interesting documents. Implementing time-saving features that enable you to work well in a collaborative mode will benefit both you and your organization. Constructing document elements that ensure your readers have access to pertinent information at the click of a button, while at the same time protecting sensitive information, is another important skill. Mastering these skills and techniques will make you a valued employee in your organization
Note: Most Office 365 users perform the majority of their daily tasks using the desktop version of the Office software, so that is the focus of this training. The course material will also enable you to access and effectively utilize many web-based resources provided with your Office 365 subscription. Helpful notes throughout the material alert you to cases where the online version of the application may function differently from the primary, desktop version.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Word Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-100 and Word Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-101 certification exams.
This course is the third part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Word.
– Microsoft Word for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1
– Microsoft Word for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 2
– Microsoft Word for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 3 (this course)
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Mar 29, 2023
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (EST)
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $355
In this course, you will explore advanced functionalities in Word.
– Use images in a document.
– Create custom graphic elements.
– Collaborate on documents.
– Add reference marks and notes.
– Secure a document.
– Create and manipulate forms.
– Create macros to automate tasks.
This course is intended for students who want to use more advanced functionalities in Microsoft Word, including image manipulation, collaboration and revision tracking, cross-referencing and linking, document security, forms, and process automation through macros.
To ensure your success, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows®, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser. In addition, you should be able to navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, and saving documents; formatting text and paragraphs; formatting the overall appearance of a page; and creating lists and tables. To meet this prerequisite, you can take any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
Microsoft® Word for Office 365™ (Desktop or Online): Part 1
Microsoft® Word for Office 365™ (Desktop or Online): Part 2
Lesson 1: Manipulating Images
- Topic A: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Insert Other Media Elements
Lesson 2: Using Custom Graphic Elements
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic C: Draw Shapes
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 3: Collaborating on Documents
- Topic A: Prepare a Document for Collaboration
- Topic B: Mark Up a Document
- Topic C: Review Markups
- Topic D: Merge Changes from Other Documents
Lesson 4: Adding Document References and Links
- Topic A: Add Captions
- Topic B: Add Cross-References
- Topic C: Add Bookmarks
- Topic D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic E: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Securing a Document
- Topic A: Suppress Information
- Topic B: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic C: Restrict Document Access
- Topic D: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
Lesson 6: Using Forms to Manage Content
- Topic A: Create Forms
- Topic B: Modify Forms
Lesson 7: Automating Repetitive Tasks with Macros
- Topic A: Automate Tasks by Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Word Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-100
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to Word Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-101
Appendix C: Microsoft® Word Common Keyboard Shortcuts