Mobile devices are becoming increasingly popular. As a result, many business professionals find themselves regularly performing a greater number of work-related tasks from a variety of devices. You may find yourself included in this group of multiple-device users. But you still perform a majority, or at least a large part, of your work from a desktop or a laptop computer.
With the release of Microsoft® Windows® 10, Microsoft has made strides in bridging the gap between your laptop or desktop PC and a variety of mobile devices. Developing an understanding of how to accomplish your day-to-day work tasks in this new environment will push you one step closer to being able to comfortably work from a number of platforms, and a number of devices, nearly anywhere you go. Once you’ve gained a foundational understanding of how to operate within the Windows 10 environment from your PC, you’ll be able to take full advantage of the many sharing, storing, and multi-platform benefits inherent in the Windows 10 operating system.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Apr 8, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $325.00
In this course, students with a prior knowledge of Windows 7 will be able to perform common tasks within the Windows 10 environment.
– Navigate the Windows 10 environment.
– Work with apps and desktop applications.
– Use Cortana and Edge.
– Manage Windows 10.
– Secure your computer.
– Use backup and recovery tools.
This course is designed for students who wish to switch from using a PC running on the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system, to using a PC running on the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system in a business or work-related environment.
To ensure success, you should have a prior working knowledge of the Windows 7 operating system and be proficient in the general use of personal computers and related peripheral devices. Specific tasks you should be able to perform include: launching and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. To meet these prerequisites, you can take either of the following Logical Operations courses:
Windows® 7: Transition from Windows® XP
Microsoft® Office Windows® 7: Level 1
Lesson 1: Navigating the Windows 10 Environment
- Topic A: Log In to Windows 10
- Topic B: Navigate the Desktop
- Topic C: Navigate in Tablet Mode
Lesson 2: Working with Apps and Desktop Applications
- Topic A: Customize the Start Menu and Taskbar
- Topic B: Use Windows 10 Apps and Desktop Applications
- Topic C: Multitask with Apps and Desktop Applications
- Topic D: Use File Explorer
Lesson 3: Using Cortana and Edge
- Topic A: Get to Know Cortana
- Topic B: Use Cortana as a Personal Assistant
- Topic C: Browse the Web
Lesson 4: Managing Windows 10
- Topic A: Configure Settings
- Topic B: Use the Desktop Administrative Tools
Lesson 5: Securing Your Computer
- Topic A: Set New Password Types
- Topic B: Use Windows Defender
- Topic C: Use Other Security Features
Lesson 6: Using Backup and Recovery Tools
- Topic A: Use File History
- Topic B: Repair Your System