In many professional environments today, people work collaboratively in teams. Information technology and applications facilitate this by allowing people to easily share, access, edit, and save information. Microsoft® SharePoint® is a platform specifically designed to facilitate collaboration, allowing people to use familiar applications and web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. In this course, you will learn about and use SharePoint to access, store, share, and collaborate with information and documents.
SharePoint is a complex platform with many features and capabilities. A strong understanding of those features and capabilities will allow you to work more efficiently and effectively with SharePoint, and with the documents and data stored in SharePoint. Furthermore, effective use of the Modern UI and Office 365™ integrations will streamline tasks, and facilitate collaboration with colleagues in other Office 365 and third-party apps.
Note: The skills covered in this course are appropriate both for Site Users who work in environments with SharePoint Online servers and for those using on-premise SharePoint servers in Modern Experience mode. This course covers the comprehensive suite of SharePoint online features and functions, which may go beyond what is available if the production environment is limited to SharePoint 2019 servers. How the environment is customized and configured will also affect how production sites compare to the sample sites shown in class
This course is the first part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of SharePoint.
– SharePoint Modern Experience: Site User (this course)
– SharePoint Modern Experience: Site Owner with Microsoft Forms and Flow
– SharePoint Modern Experience: Advanced Site Owner
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Apr 9, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Louisville
- • Seats: 12
- • Price: $395
In this course, you will effectively utilize resources on a typical SharePoint team and communication sites in the course of performing normal business tasks.
– Interact with SharePoint sites.
– Work with documents, content, and lists.
– Share, follow, and collaborate on content.
– Interact with Office 365 files via SharePoint.
– Manage Office 365 apps with SharePoint.
This course is designed for Microsoft® Windows® and Microsoft Office users who are transitioning to a SharePoint environment, and who need to access information from and collaborate with team members within Microsoft SharePoint (using either a Microsoft SharePoint Online or a Microsoft SharePoint 2019 server).
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic end-user skills with a current version of Microsoft Windows for the desktop and any current version of Microsoft Office desktop software, plus basic competence with Internet browsing.
You can obtain this prerequisite knowledge and skills regarding the latest version of Windows by taking one of the following Logical Operations courses:
Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
Lesson 1: Interacting with SharePoint Sites
- Topic A: Access SharePoint Sites
- Topic B: Navigate a SharePoint Site
- Topic C: Access SharePoint from Your Mobile Device
Lesson 2: Working with Documents, Content, and Lists
- Topic A: Store, Access, and Modify Documents and Files
- Topic B: Add and Populate Lists
- Topic C: Configure List Views, Filters, and Grouping
Lesson 3: Searching, Sharing, and Following Content
- Topic A: Configure Your Delve Profile
- Topic B: Share and Follow Content
- Topic C: Search for Content
Lesson 4: Interacting with Office 365 Files
- Topic A: Synchronize SharePoint Files with OneDrive
- Topic B: Save and Share Office 365 Documents
- Topic C: Manage File Versions and Document Recovery
Lesson 5: Managing Office 365 Apps with SharePoint
- Topic A: Manage Microsoft Outlook with SharePoint
- Topic B: Manage Microsoft Teams with SharePoint
- Topic C: Manage Tasks with Planner and SharePoint