Microsoft SharePoint Modern Experience: Site Owner with Microsoft Forms and Flow
Microsoft® SharePoint® is a platform designed to facilitate collaboration and allow people to use familiar applications and web-based tools to create, access, store, and track documents and data in a central location. As such, SharePoint has many distinct features that must be enabled and configured, and many content structures that can be selected, added, and configured. In this course, you will learn how to create, configure, and manage SharePoint sites so that your team or organization can share information and collaborate effectively.
SharePoint content structures and configuration options are complex. Site owners must understand what features, options, and content structures are available in SharePoint, and how to properly configure them. With SharePoint sites, features, and content structures properly implemented, users will be able to securely share files, collaborate on documents, and access information they need to work with their colleagues more effectively.
Note: The skills covered in this course are appropriate both for Site Owners who work in environments with SharePoint Online servers and for those using on-premises SharePoint servers in Modern Experience mode. This course covers the comprehensive suite of SharePoint online features and functions, which may go beyond what is available if the production environment is limited to SharePoint 2019 servers. How the environment is customized and configured will also affect how production sites compare to the sample sites shown in class.
This course is the second part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of SharePoint.
– SharePoint Modern Experience: Site User
– SharePoint Modern Experience: Site Owner with Microsoft Forms and Flow (this course)
– SharePoint Modern Experience: Advanced Site Owner
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Aug 10, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Louisville
- • Seats: 12
- • Price: $395
In this course, you will create a SharePoint team site and a communication site, perform basic content management tasks on SharePoint sites, and configure workflows with Forms and Flow.
– Create and configure new SharePoint sites.
– Create and configure document libraries.
– Create and configure lists.
– Assign permissions and access rights.
– Create and configure a communication site.
– Implement workflows with Forms and Flow.
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who will create and manage SharePoint team or communication sites in SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2019.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic end-user skills with Microsoft Windows 10 and later, and any or all of the desktop applications in the Microsoft Office suite, plus basic competence with Internet browsing. You should also have basic SharePoint site user skills such as the ability to access and use documents and apps on a typical SharePoint site. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following Logical Operations courses:
Using Microsoft® Windows® 10 or Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
Any or all of the courses in the Logical Operations Office 2016 or Office 2019 curriculum
Microsoft® SharePoint® Modern Experience: Site User
Lesson 1: Creating and Configuring a New Site
- Topic A: Create a Site in SharePoint
- Topic B: Configure Site Look and Layout
Lesson 2: Creating and Configuring Document Libraries
- Topic A: Create Document Libraries
- Topic B: Configure File Versioning and Checkout
- Topic C: Configure Content Approval
Lesson 3: Creating and Configuring Lists
- Topic A: Add List Apps to a Site
- Topic B: Create Custom Lists
- Topic C: Create Calculated and Validated Columns
Lesson 4: Assigning Permissions and Access Rights
- Topic A: Secure Sites with Permissions
- Topic B: Secure Apps, Documents, and Files
Lesson 5: Creating and Configuring a Communication Site
- Topic A: Create a Communication Site
- Topic B: Configure a Communication Site
Lesson 6: Implementing Workflows with Forms and Flow
- Topic A: Capture Data with Forms
- Topic B: Store Form Data in SharePoint with Flow
- Topic C: Automate Business Processes with Forms, Flow, and SharePoint