Microsoft Project 2016: Part 1
Welcome to Microsoft® Project 2016: Part 1. This course is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional 2016 so you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project 2016 during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project 2016 and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval.
This course is the first part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Project.
Microsoft Project 2016: Part 1 (this course)
Microsoft Project 2016: Part 2
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Aug 2, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $325
In this course, you will learn to create and engage in basic management of a project using Microsoft Project Professional 2016.
– Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment.
– Create and define a new project plan.
– Create and organize tasks.
– Manage resources in a project plan.
– Finalize a project plan.
This course is designed for a person with an understanding of project management concepts and who is responsible for creating and maintaining project plans. The course will give the student a fundamental understanding of Microsoft Project 2016 necessary to create and save project plans.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills. The following Logical Operations course can help you in meeting this requirement: Project Management Fundamentals (Second Edition).
You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows® operating system—preferably Windows 10. The following Logical Operations courses can help you meet this requirement:
Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
Microsoft® Windows® 10: Transition from Windows® 7
Module 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
Module 2: Defining a Project
- Create a New Project Plan
- Define a Project
- Assign a Project Calendar
Module 3: Creating and Organizing Tasks
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Import Tasks From Other Programs
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
Module 4: Managing Project Plan Resources
- Add Resources to a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Module 5: Finalizing a Project Plan
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan