Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 2
In this course, you will customize command sets, configure mail accounts, set global options, perform advanced searches, apply filters to intercept mail and control spam, create rules to automate mail management tasks, work with calendars and contacts, manage tasks, preserve data with archives and data files, as well as share and delegate access to your Outlook items. In short, you’ll work with a wide range of features and options and, in so doing, understand why Outlook is a leading personal management system.
Note : Most Office 365™ users perform the majority of their daily tasks using the desktop version of the Office software, so that is the focus of this training. The course material will also include helpful notes throughout the material to alert you to cases where the online version of the application may function differently from the primary, desktop version.
This course builds upon the foundational knowledge presented in the Microsoft® Outlook® for Office 365™ (Desktop or Online): Part 1 course and will help you customize a communication system well-suited to your work style.
This course may be a useful component in your preparation for the Microsoft Outlook (Microsoft 365 Apps and Office 2019): Exam MO-400 certification exam.
This course is the second part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Outlook.
– Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 1
– Microsoft Outlook for Office 365 (Desktop or Online): Part 2 (this course)
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: May 19, 2023
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (EST)
- • Location: Lexington
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $335
In this course, you will use Outlook’s advanced features to customize and manage your email communications, including: using advanced features to organize emails; managing calendar settings and options; managing contact information; scheduling tasks; and managing Outlook archives and data file settings.
– Insert objects in messages, and modify properties and global options.
– Organize, search, and manage messages.
– Protect your mailbox and manage its size.
– Use rules and Quick Steps to automate message management.
– Work with advanced calendar settings.
– Import and forward contacts.
– Assign delegate permissions and share Outlook items with others.
– Archive and back up Outlook items using data files.
This course is intended for those with a basic understanding of Microsoft® Outlook® and who need to know how to use its advanced features to manage their email communications, calendar events, contact information, search functions, and other communication tasks.
To ensure your success, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start and close applications, navigate basic file structures, manage files and folders, and access websites using a web browser. Additionally, it will benefit you to have basic Outlook skills.
Lesson 1: Modifying Message Properties and Customizing Outlook
- Topic A: Insert Hyperlinks and Symbols
- Topic B: Modify Message Properties
- Topic C: Add Email Accounts to Outlook
- Topic D: Customize Outlook Options
Lesson 2: Organizing, Searching, and Managing Messages
- Topic A: Group and Sort Messages
- Topic B: Filter and Manage Messages
- Topic C: Search Outlook Items
Lesson 3: Managing Your Mailbox
- Topic A: Manage Junk Email Options
- Topic B: Manage Your Mailbox Size
Lesson 4: Automating Message Management
- Topic A: Use Automatic Replies
- Topic B: Use Rules to Organize Messages
- Topic C: Create and Use Quick Steps
Lesson 5: Working with Calendar Settings
- Topic A: Set Advanced Calendar Options
- Topic B: Create and Manage Additional Calendars
- Topic C: Manage Meeting Responses
Lesson 6: Managing Contacts
- Topic A: Import and Export Contacts
- Topic B: Use Electronic Business Cards
- Topic C: Forward Contacts
Lesson 7: Sharing Outlook Items
- Topic A: Assign and Manage Tasks
- Topic B: Share Your Calendar
- Topic C: Share Your Contacts
Lesson 8: Managing Outlook Data Files
- Topic A: Use Archiving to Manage Mailbox Size
- Topic B: Work with Outlook Data Files
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Outlook Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-400
Appendix B: Selected Advanced Topics
Appendix C: Microsoft® Outlook® Common Keyboard Shortcuts