Microsoft Office Word 2016: Part 3
Microsoft® Word 2016 enables you to do far more than simple word processing. Word includes advanced image manipulation tools, collaboration features, cross-referencing and linking tools, entry forms and data collection, security features, and tools to automate document production.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Word 2016 Exam and the Word 2016 Expert Exam.
This course is the third part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Word.
– Microsoft Office Word 2016: Part 1
– Microsoft Office Word 2016: Part 2
– Microsoft Office Word 2016: Part 3 (this course)
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Nov 29, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $325
In this course, you will:
– Use images in a document.
– Create custom graphic elements.
– Collaborate on documents.
– Add reference marks and notes.
– Secure a document.
– Create and manipulate forms.
– Create macros to automate tasks.
This course is intended for students who want to use advanced capabilities in Word, including image manipulation, collaboration and revision tracking, cross-referencing and linking, document security, forms, and process automation through macros.
To ensure success, you should be comfortable in the Windows® 10 environment, and be able to use Windows 10 to manage information on your computer. Specific tasks you should be able to perform include opening and closing applications, navigating basic file structures, and managing files and folders. The following Logical Operations courses would prepare you for this course:
Microsoft® Office Word 2016: Part 1
Microsoft® Office Word 2016: Part 2
Lesson 1: Manipulating Images
- Topic A: Integrate Pictures and Text
- Topic B: Adjust Image Appearance
- Topic C: Insert Other Media Elements
Lesson 2: Using Custom Graphic Elements
- Topic A: Create Text Boxes and Pull Quotes
- Topic B: Add WordArt and Other Text Effects
- Topic C: Draw Shapes
- Topic D: Create Complex Illustrations with SmartArt
Lesson 3: Collaborating on Documents
- Topic A: Prepare a Document for Collaboration
- Topic B: Mark Up a Document
- Topic C: Review Markups
- Topic D: Merge Changes from Other Documents
Lesson 4: Adding Document References and Links
- Topic A: Add Captions
- Topic B: Add Cross-References
- Topic C: Add Bookmarks
- Topic D: Add Hyperlinks
- Topic E: Insert Footnotes and Endnotes
- Topic F: Add Citations and a Bibliography
Lesson 5: Securing a Document
- Topic A: Suppress Information
- Topic B: Set Formatting and Editing Restrictions
- Topic C: Restrict Document Access
- Topic D: Add a Digital Signature to a Document
Lesson 6: Using Forms to Manage Content
- Topic A: Create Forms
- Topic B: Modify Forms
Lesson 7: Automating Repetitive Tasks with Macros
- Topic A: Automate Tasks by Using Macros
- Topic B: Create a Macro