Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2019: Part 1
It’s hard to imagine a day going by without people passing along large amounts of information. With so much communication to contend with, it can be difficult to grab people’s attention. But, we are often called upon to do just that. So, how do you grab and maintain an audience’s focus when you’re asked to present important information? By being clear, organized, and engaging. And, that is exactly what Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2019 can help you do.
Gone are the days of flip charts or drawing on a white board to illustrate your point. Today’s audiences are tech savvy, accustomed to high-impact multimedia content, and stretched for time. By learning how to use the vast array of features and functionality contained within PowerPoint 2019, you will gain the ability to organize your content, enhance it with high-impact visuals, and deliver it with a punch. In this course, you will use PowerPoint 2019 to begin creating engaging, dynamic multimedia presentations.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the PowerPoint Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-300.
This course is the first part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of PowerPoint.
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2019: Part 1 (this course)
Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2019: Part 2
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Sep 27, 2023
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (EST)
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $320
Course Objectives: In this course, you will create and deliver an engaging PowerPoint presentation.
– Identify the basic features and functions of PowerPoint.
– Develop a PowerPoint presentation.
– Perform advanced text editing operations.
– Add graphical elements.
– Format graphical elements.
– Prepare to deliver your presentation.
Target Student: This course is designed for students who wish to gain a foundational understanding of PowerPoint 2019 that is necessary to create and develop engaging multimedia presentations.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint 2019
- Topic A: Navigate the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic B: View and Navigate a Presentation
- Topic C: Use PowerPoint Help
Lesson 2: Developing a PowerPoint Presentation
- Topic A: Create and Save a Presentation
- Topic B: Edit Text
- Topic C: Work with Slides
- Topic D: Design a Presentation
Lesson 3: Performing Advanced Text Editing Operations
- Topic A: Format Characters
- Topic B: Format Paragraphs
Lesson 4: Adding and Arranging Graphical Elements
- Topic A: Insert Images
- Topic B: Insert Shape
- Topic C: Create SmartArt
- Topic D: Insert Icons and 3D Models
- Topic E: Arrange and Size Objects
Lesson 5: Modifying Graphical Elements
- Topic A: Format Images
- Topic B: Format Shapes
- Topic C: Customize SmartArt
- Topic D: Format Icons
- Topic E: Format 3D Models
- Topic F: Animate Objects
Lesson 6: Preparing to Deliver Your Presentation
- Topic A: Review Your Presentation
- Topic B: Apply Transitions
- Topic C: Print a Presentation
- Topic D: Deliver Your Presentation
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to PowerPoint Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-300
Appendix B: Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2019 Common Keyboard Shortcuts