Microsoft Office Outlook 2019/2021: Part 1
In this course, you will use Outlook to send, receive, and manage email messages, manage your contact information, schedule appointments and meetings, create tasks and notes for yourself, and customize the Outlook interface to suit your working style.
This material will benefit users of any current Office version. The classroom environment setup is based on Office 2019.
This course is the first in a series of two Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2019/2021 courses. It will provide you with the basic skills you need to start using Outlook 2019/2021 to manage your email communications, contact information, calendar events, tasks, and notes.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Outlook Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-400 certification.
This course is the first part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Outlook.
– Microsoft Office Outlook 2019/2021: Part 1 (this course)
– Microsoft Office Outlook 2019/2021: Part 2
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Sep 20, 2023
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (EST)
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $350
Course Objectives: In this course, you will use Outlook to manage your email communications, including composing, reading, and responding to emails; schedule appointments and meetings; manage contact information; schedule tasks and create notes; customize message response options; and organize your mail.
– Navigate Outlook to read and respond to email
– Use the Address Book and format and spell check new messages
– Attach files and insert illustrations to messages
– Customize read and response options
– Use flags, categories, and folders to organize messages
– Create and work with Contacts
– Create appointments and schedule meetings in Calendar
– Create and work with Tasks and Notes
Target Student: This course is intended for people who have a basic understanding of Microsoft® Windows® and need to know how to use Outlook as an email client to manage their email communications, calendar events, contact information, and other communication tasks.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Outlook 2019
- Topic A: Navigate the Outlook Interface
- Topic B: Work with Messages
- Topic C: Access Outlook Help
Lesson 2: Formatting Messages
- Topic A: Add Message Recipients
- Topic B: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic C: Format Message Content
Lesson 3: Working with Attachments and Illustrations
- Topic A: Attach Files and Items
- Topic B: Add Illustrations to Messages
- Topic C: Manage Automatic Message Content
Lesson 4: Customizing Message Options
- Topic A: Customize Reading Options
- Topic B: Track Messages
- Topic C: Recall and Resend Messages
Lesson 5: Organizing Messages
- Topic A: Mark Messages
- Topic B: Organize Messages Using Folders
Lesson 6: Managing Your Contacts
- Topic A: Create and Edit Contacts
- Topic B: View and Print Contacts
Lesson 7: Working with the Calendar
- Topic A: View the Calendar
- Topic B: Create Appointments
- Topic C: Schedule Meetings
- Topic D: Print the Calendar
Lesson 8: Working with Tasks and Notes
- Topic A: Create Tasks
- Topic B: Create Notes
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Outlook Associate (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-400
Appendix B: Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2019 Common Keyboard Shortcuts