Microsoft Office Access 2019/2021: Part 2
Your training and experience using Microsoft® Office Access® has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design; promote quality input from users; improve database efficiency and promote data integrity; and implement advanced features in tables, queries, forms, and reports. Extending your knowledge of Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
This course is the second part of a three-course series that covers the skills needed to perform database design and development in Access 2019/2021.
Microsoft® Office Access® 2019/2021: Part 1: Focuses on the design and construction of an Access database —viewing, navigating, searching, and entering data in a database, as well as basic relational database design and creating simple tables, queries, forms, and reports.
Microsoft® Office Access® 2019/2021: Part 2 (this course): Focuses on optimization of an Access database, including optimizing performance and normalizing data; data validation; usability; and advanced queries, forms, and reports.
Microsoft® Office Access® 2019/2021: Part 3: Focuses on managing the database and supporting complex database designs, including import and export of data; using action queries to manage data; creating complex forms and reports; macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA); and tools and strategies to manage, distribute, and secure a database.
This material will benefit users of any current Office version. The classroom environment setup is based on Office 2019.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Access Expert (Office 363 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Sep 27, 2023
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm (EST)
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $380
In this course, you will optimize an Access 2019 database.
– Provide input validation features to promote the entry of quality data into a database.
– Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
– Improve the usability of Access tables.
– Create advanced queries to join and summarize data.
– Use advanced formatting and controls to improve form presentation.
– Use advanced formatting and calculated fields to improve reports.
This course is designed for students wishing to gain intermediate-level skills or individuals whose job responsibilities include constructing relational databases and developing tables, queries, forms, and reports in Microsoft Office Access 2019/2021.
Lesson 1: Promoting Quality Data Input
- Topic A: Restrict Data Input Through Field Validation
- Topic B: Restrict Data Input Through Forms and Record Validation
Lesson 2: Improving Efficiency and Data Integrity
- Topic A: Data Normalization
- Topic B: Associate Unrelated Tables
- Topic C: Enforce Referential Integrity
Lesson 3: Improving Table Usability
- Topic A: Create Lookups Within a Table
- Topic B: Work with Subdatasheets
Lesson 4: Creating Advanced Queries
- Topic A: Create Query Joins
- Topic B: Create Subqueries
- Topic C: Summarize Data
Lesson 5: Improving Form Presentation
- Topic A: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic B: Create Tab Pages with Subforms and Other Controls
Lesson 6: Creating Advanced Reports
- Topic A: Apply Advanced Formatting to a Report
- Topic B: Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Topic C: Control Pagination and Print Quality
- Topic D: Add a Chart to a Report
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Access Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500
Appendix B: Microsoft® Office Access® 2019 Common Keyboard Shortcuts