Developing Yourself as a Leader
You have transitioned from an individual contributor to a manager, or as an individual contributor, you’ve acquired practical skills to enhance your leadership abilities.
When you want to take your leadership skills to the next level, you assess your leadership traits, develop your communication skills, and build your reputation. These strategies can increase your ability to effectively influence others and get results.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Jul 23, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Lexington
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $325
In this course, you will acquire strategies to develop your leadership skills.
– Define leadership.
– Assess your own leadership traits.
– Establish your leadership development plan.
– Develop your communication skills.
– Build your reputation.
This course is intended for managers, team leads, and individual contributors on techniques and best practices for continual improvement of themselves as leaders.
Students taking this course should have completed the course:
– Practical Leadership (Second Edition)
Lesson 1: Defining Leadership
- Identify Leadership Attributes
- Identify Leadership Responsibilities
Lesson 2: Assessing Your Leadership Traits
- Assess Your Leadership Characteristics
- Determine How Colleagues View Your Leadership
- Evaluate Factors that Affect Your Leadership
Lesson 3: Establishing Your Leadership Development Plan
- Identify Your Destination
- Establish Your Map
- Build a Leadership Development Plan
Lesson 4: Developing Your Communication Skills
- Upgrade Your Listening Skills
- Improve Your Communication Effectiveness
Lesson 5: Building Your Reputation
- Establish Your Credibility
- Use Influence to Get Results