You have developed skills to be successful in your field. In this course, you will learn the practical skills you need to be an effective leader in your organization.
Leadership enhances the skills employees at all levels need to be truly successful. When you learn practical leadership skills, you’ll have the ability to motivate, coach, communicate with, and teach employees in such a way that they are more effective in their jobs and, as a result, you become more effective in your job.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Jul 7, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $325
In this course, you will learn practical leadership skills.
– Transition from an individual contributor to a leader.
– Develop an effective team.
– Lead a team effectively.
– Increase your effectiveness in leading different types of teams.
– Develop a team mission, values statement, and vision to achieve business results.
Individuals taking this course may be new managers and individual contributors seeking to develop or enhance leadership abilities with practical skills.
Students should possess experience working in an organization as an individual contributor or possibly as a manager.
Lesson 1: Transitioning from Individual Contributor to Leader
- Define Leadership
- Identify Your Leadership Style
- Redefine Your Role
Lesson 2: Developing an Effective Team
- Build an Effective Team
- Coach for Performance
- Empower Your Team Members
Lesson 3: Leading a Team Effectively
- Influence for Results
- Lead Your Team Through Organizational Change
Lesson 4: Leading Different Types of Teams
- Work with Different Types of Teams
- Overcome Communication Barriers
- Overcome Issues Among Team Members
Lesson 5: Aligning Your Strategy for Business Results
- Establish a Team Mission
- Determine Team Core Values
- Write a Team Vision Statement