Crystal Reports 2016: Part 1
Organizations use reporting tools to access data sources and generate customized reports. Crystal Reports® 2016 enhances report building and report processing techniques with a variety of features that add value to a presentation. In this course, you will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying the report’s presentation.
Information is critical to making sound business decisions. Data presented without any formatting or structure holds little or no meaning for interpretation. Crystal Reports 2016 helps you build advanced reports with ease, presenting complex information in an understandable way.
This course is the first part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Crystal Reports.
Crystal Reports 2016: Part 1 (this course)
Crystal Reports 2016: Part 2
Completion of this course will earn 1.15 CEUs.
- • Dates: Jun 14, 2021- Jun 15, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $790
In this course, you will connect to a database to extract data and present it as a report.
– Identify the elements of the Crystal Reports interface.
– Create and modify a basic report.
– Use formulas to calculate and filter data.
– Build a parameterized report.
– Group report data.
– Enhance a report.
– Create a report using data from an Excel workbook.
– Distribute data.
This course is designed for people who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, or tools that are not accessible. Learners may or may not have programming or SQL experience.
Before taking this course, learners should be familiar with basic computer functions, such as creating and navigating folders, opening programs, manipulating windows, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files in Microsoft® Windows®. In addition, learners should have taken the Microsoft® Office Access® 2016: Level 1 course or have equivalent experience with basic database concepts.
Lesson 1: Exploring the Crystal Reports Interface
- Topic A: Explore Crystal Reports
- Topic B: Use Crystal Reports Help
- Topic C: Customize Report Settings
Lesson 2: Working with Reports
- Topic A: Create a Report
- Topic B: Modify a Report
- Topic C: Display Specific Report Data
- Topic D: Work with Report Sections
Lesson 3: Using Formulas in Reports
- Topic A: Create a Formula
- Topic B: Edit a Formula
- Topic C: Filter Data by Using a Formula
- Topic D: Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Topic E: Handle Null Values
Lesson 4: Building Parameterized Reports
- Topic A: Create a Parameter Field
- Topic B: Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Topic C: Create a Prompt
Lesson 5: Grouping Report Data
- Topic A: Group Report Data
- Topic B: Modify a Group Report
- Topic C: Group by Using Parameters
- Topic D: Create a Parameterized Top N Report
Lesson 6: Enhancing a Report
- Topic A: Format a Report
- Topic B: Insert Objects in a Report
- Topic C: Suppress Report Sections
- Topic D: Use Report Templates
Lesson 7: Creating a Report from Excel Data
- Topic A: Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Topic B: Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Topic C: Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
Lesson 8: Distributing Data
- Topic A: Export Data
- Topic B: Create Mailing Labels