An organization improves its likelihood of success by effectively managing conflict. As a leader within your organization, you share in that responsibility. This course will help you cultivate the skills necessary to help manage conflict and ultimately to decrease the presence of conflict in the workplace.
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Sep 17, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Lexington
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $325
In this course, you will identify the sources of conflict and how to manage conflict effectively. You will:
– Recognize the impact of conflict in the workplace by identifying your personal reaction and developing a healthy attitude toward conflict.
– Analyze conflict by assessing the situation and identifying the source of the conflict.
– Utilize effective communication techniques to manage conflict in a proactive manner.
– Resolve conflict by evaluating approaches, and determining and implementing an action plan with the best solution.
This course is intended for any business professional who encounters conflict in the workplace.
To ensure your success, we recommend you have some level of work experience in any of a variety of organizational settings, and general end-user computer and Internet skills. You may wish to take either of the following Logical Operation courses or have equivalent knowledge:
– Using Microsoft® Windows® 10
– Microsoft® Office Word® 2016: Part 1 (Desktop/Office 365®)
Lesson 1: Recognizing the Impact of Conflict
- Identify Your Personal Reaction to Conflict
- Develop a Healthy Attitude Toward Conflict
Lesson 2: Analyzing Conflict
- Assess the Situation
- Identify the Source of the Conflict
Lesson 3: Dealing with Conflict
- Listen Actively
- Communicate Effectively
- Respond to Negative Tactics
- Avoid Conflict Escalation
Lesson 4: Resolving Conflict
- Evaluate Approaches to Conflict Resolution
- Determine the Best Solution
- Implement an Action Plan