Adobe Photoshop CS6: Part 1
Adobe® Photoshop® CS6: Part 1 focuses on some of the basic features of Photoshop so that the student can navigate the environment and use Photoshop tools to work with photographic images. In addition, the orientation to Adobe Bridge and organization of files in Bridge is covered. Although Photoshop is used by a variety of professionals, from photographers to designers to videographers, Photoshop Part 1 will focus mainly on the photography component. The illustration and animation techniques are covered in subsequent levels of Photoshop.
You can also use this course to prepare for the Adobe Visual Communication using Photoshop CS6 exam.
This course is the first part of a two-course series that covers the skills needed to gain a foundational understanding of Photoshop.
Adobe Photoshop CS6: Part 1 (this course)
Adobe Photoshop CS6: Part 2
Completion of this course will earn 0.575 CEUs.
- • Dates: Nov 29, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $395
In this course, you will navigate the Photoshop CS6 workspace, identify and use Photoshop tools to enhance photographic images, and organize files in Adobe Bridge.
– Identify the basic components of the Photoshop workspace and Adobe Bridge
– Define image size, resolution, and color modes
– Work with selection tool and layers
– Make image enhancements and adjustments
– Open and modify an image in Camera Raw
– Prepare images for print and web
Target students include professional or amateur photographers who want to use the robust features of Photoshop to enhance, modify, and organize their photographs, and anyone interested in working toward the Adobe Visual Communications using Photoshop certification.
To ensure your success in your course, you should have a basic comfort level with digital photography. For example, you have used a digital camera and have downloaded images to your computer or other storage device.
You should also have basic computer skills and understand how to launch an application, browse to locate and open files, and can navigate to on-screen elements using a mouse or other navigational devices. You can obtain these skills by taking any one or more of the following Logical Operations courses:
Microsoft® Windows® 7: Level 1
Introduction to Personal Computers Using Windows® 7
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Photoshop
- Topic A: Introduction to Photoshop
- Topic B: Adobe Bridge and Mini Bridge
- Topic C: Navigate the Photoshop Workspace
- Topic D: Customize the Photoshop Workspace
Lesson 2: Beginning with Image Basics
- Topic A: Manage Image Elements and Formats
- Topic B: Work with Digital Devices
Lesson 3: Managing Selections and Layers
- Topic A: Use Selection Tools
- Topic B: Manage Layers
Lesson 4: Making Image Adjustments
- Topic A: Modify an Image
- Topic B: Image Repairs
Lesson 5: Refining Images
- Topic A: Layer Adjustments
- Topic B: Introduction to Camera Raw
Lesson 6: Saving Images for Web and Print
- Topic A: Save Images for the Web
- Topic B: Save Images for Print