10962 Advanced Automated Administration with Windows PowerShell
This course is being retired by Microsoft on December 31, 2021.
This is a three-day course that will teach students how to automate administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell 5.1. Students will learn core scripting skills such as creating advanced functions, writing controller scripts, and handling script errors. Students will learn how to works with Windows PowerShell Workflow, the REST API and XML and JSON formatted data files, Students will also learn how to use new administration tools such Desired State Configuration (DSC) and Just Enough Administration (JEA) to configure and secure servers.
- • Dates: Dec 6, 2021- Dec 7, 2021- Dec 8, 2021
- • Times: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- • Location: Virtual
- • Seats: 10
- • Price: $1785
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration. Students should have a foundational knowledge of Windows PowerShell, which they can obtain by taking course 10961C: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell. In addition, this course provides scripting guidance for developers who support development environments and deployment processes.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
– Create advanced functions.
– Use Microsoft .NET Framework and REST API in Windows PowerShell.
– Write controller scripts.
– Handle script errors.
– Use XML, JSON, and custom formatted data.
– Enhance server management with Desired State Configuration and Just Enough Administration.
– Analyze and debug scripts
– Understand Windows PowerShell workflow.
Before attending this course, students must have:
•Knowledge and experience working with Windows PowerShell or knowledge equivalent to the content covered in course 10961B: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell
•Experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration or already experience in administering and supporting Application servers and services including applications like Exchange, SharePoint, and SQL.
Prerequisite Courses Recommended
– 10961 Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell
CREATING ADVANCED FUNCTIONS
- Converting a command into an advanced function
- Creating a script module
- Defining parameter attributes and input validation
- Writing functions that accept pipeline input
- Producing complex pipeline output
- Documenting functions by using comment-based help
- Supporting –WhatIf and -Confirm
USING MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK AND REST API IN WINDOWS POWERSHELL
- Using Microsoft .NET Framework in Windows PowerShell
- Using REST API in Windows PowerShell
WRITING CONTROLLER SCRIPTS
- Introducing controller scripts
- Writing controller scripts that display a user interface
- Writing controller scripts that produce reports
HANDLING SCRIPT ERRORS
- Handling errors in a script
USING XML, JSON, AND CUSTOM-FORMATTED DATA
- Reading, manipulating, and writing XML-formatted data
- Reading, manipulating, and writing JSON-formatted data
- Reading and manipulating custom-formatted data
ENHANCING SERVER MANAGEMENT WITH DESIRED STATE CONFIGURATION AND JUST ENOUGH ADMINISTRATION
- Understanding Desired State Configuration
- Creating and deploying a DSC configuration
- Implementing Just Enough Administration
ANALYZING AND DEBUGGING SCRIPTS
- Debugging in Windows PowerShell
- Analyzing and debugging an existing script
UNDERSTANDING WINDOWS POWERSHELL WORKFLOW
- Understanding Windows PowerShell Workflow