Microsoft Access: Part 2 (Live Virtually Instructor Led)
SummaryYour training and experience using Microsoft® Access® has given you basic database management skills, such as creating tables, designing forms and reports, and building queries. In this course, you will expand your knowledge of relational database design, write advanced queries, structure existing data, validate data entered into a database, and customize reports. Extending your knowledge of Microsoft Access will result in a robust, functional database for your users.
In this course, you will create and manage an Access database.
- Design a relational database.
- Join tables to retrieve data from unrelated tables.
- Validate data entered into a database.
- Use advanced queries to manipulate your data.
- Organize a database for efficiency and performance, and to maintain data integrity.
- Customize reports to organize the displayed information and produce specific print layouts.
This course will run live virtually.
To ensure your success, it is recommended you have completed Microsoft® Office Access®: Part 1 or possess equivalent knowledge.
Module 1: Designing a Relational Database
- Relational Database Design
- Create a Table
- Create Table Relationships
Module 2: Joining Tables
- Create Query Joins
- Relate Data Within a Table
- Work with Subdatasheets
Module 3: Using Data Validation
- Use Field Validation
- Use Form and Record Validation
Module 4: Creating Advanced Queries
Create Parameter Queries
- Summarize Data
- Create Subqueries
- Create Action Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Module 5: Organizing a Database for Efficiency
- Data Normalization
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve Table Structure
Module 6: Using Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Include Control Formatting in a Report
- Add a Calculated Field to a Report
- Add a Subreport to an Existing Report